Child protection is essential of any successful childcare service, which is why all of our office staff/coaches/volunteers are CRB/DBS checked before being employed by us. We also run them through a child protection workshop as part of their in-house training programme.
Each School Holiday venue will have at least one coach with current first aid qualifications.
Every child is signed in and out of the venue each day by our experienced venue coordinator using our Unique Security Code System and no child will be left at the venue unattended at any time.
The key stages of appointing a staff member for The Kick Start Academy are as follows;
• Receive application, CV and covering letter for the position, as per advertisement.
• Check application, CV and covering letter for suitability, as per advertisement. (i.e. correct qualifications, years previous experience working with children)
• Conduct a personal Interview where we ask for all qualifications, photo ID, passport/driving license, proof of address, current CRB/DBS check (if any of the requested information can not be shown or proven – we will suspend the interview and the applicant becomes unsuccessful. The applicant has to re-apply once they have all the correct information)
• Request an up to date CRB/DBS checks and confirm once received
• Personal reference checks carried out by The Kick Start Academy
• Trial session(s) to ensure the applicant is suitable for the role (as per advertisement). We also review the session(s) in terms of quality.
• If successful, conduct a Child Protection workshop as part of The Kick Start Academy induction.
• Offer a position within the company and review staff performance every 6-12 weeks
Every staff member has a staff mentor to ensure they are happy within their role and can carry out sessions in accordance to The Kick Start Academy Policy & Procedures Handbook.
We are confident that our processes and procedures are sufficient to ensure a safe and encouraging environment; suitable for children of all ages and abilities