CHILDREN AT YOUR PARTY NEED TO BE PROTECTED WHILST HAVING FUN
Whilst organising a children’s party is stressful in itself, it is vital that you take the safety of children who will be in your care first.
When selecting a venue, please ensure that:
- Is it safe? Using a school will have its own in-built security systems in place.
- Is it a community building? Check that staff who are on site are DBS checked. This may sound silly but you are renting their building, you must ensure they have been suitably checked.
- If you are renting a community hall/room, what are the fire escapes like? is there more than one to use?
- Toileting: how far away are the toilets to your party room? Is it too far/around blind corners? Are these toilets used by the public whilst you are in the building with your party? Do you need to do a “group toilet run” and have a parent fully supervise the toilet run ensuring they count in and out children?
- Ensure you have enough parents to child ratio, we say 1 responsible parent/adult to 10 children.
- Make a list of who is in your party should you need it if there was a fire.
Your KSA staff member will advise you accordingly on child protection matters, but if you have any concerns please contact us.
T: 0121 748 7977